Saturday, April 4, 2020

Be Still


It’s been 9 months since I started a journey of faith and I can’t comprehend how it has been since that faithful day.

This journey is a test of my faith, where there are countless times that I doubted His faithfulness if I can make it through. I let fear go before me.  

I was reminded of the story of the Israelites when they are about to cross the Red Sea. They doubted why Moses led them away from Egypt. The Israelites prefer staying in Egypt, serving there rather than dying in the wilderness. When God intervened, through Moses, He caused the Red Sea to part and the Israelites were able to cross while the Egyptians were left in the sea, covering them and not one of them remained.

Two verses stand out and echoed in my mind while studying this particular story and while reflecting on the past 9 months on this journey.

And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” (Exodus 14:13,14 ESV)

Two points that I would like to share to you:
  • Don’t be afraid, stand still. The Lord is with you.

Fears are all around, considering the current situation that the world is having right now, not counting the personal battles that we have. Do not let fear take hold of yourself causing you to doubt Him and His promises, for everything that we are undergoing right now is just temporary.

  • The Lord will fight for you, just be still.

Being still in God means to bask in His presence, of who He is in your life or in your current situation. Devote your time in knowing Him, to renew your mind, to remind yourself of His greatness and to recalibrate your thoughts moving forward.

I may let fear before me, but that doesn’t mean that I am defeated. Rather, I choose to pick up my sword and fight for I know that these battles are not mine, but of God’s.

There might be a lot of battles along the way. But remember that you have God and the people He has given you, battles will be won. I thank God for those people He has blessed me with who helped by interceding, supporting and encouraging me the best way they could.

The world will offer you a lot of options to conquer your battles.

May we choose faith over fear and to stand still with and in God, who is all powerful and goes before you. He will be with you and he will not leave you or forsake you.

May we choose to inspire others by being an example of not giving up.

May we choose to surround ourselves with the people who will fight with us, who will cheer us up and be there for us matter what life throws at us.

Be sill my friend, He is with you.

Soli deo Gloria.  

No comments:

Post a Comment