Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The 6th of May

It’s been a couple of years since I first step inside the walls of PUP. Now, it’s barely two months before the finale of my journey in the academe ends. I have been in the academe for 16 years. Within those 16 years of stay, I’ve seen and encountered many people from different walks of life, came across all sorts of tests, enjoyed the company of many friends and savoring the life of a student. As the 6th of May comes (our graduation day), a new chapter in my life ends, yet another one makes its beginning.

I have been telling my stories since 2009. Hope you’re not getting bored of reading. I usually write whenever I had one-of-a-kind experience or the words just came out of a sudden. But anyways, let’s get back where we are talking.

I started knowing God and He became my Savior during the second semester way back when I was in my sophomore year in college. From that day, my life was never the same again. Lots of things happened, that I never thought that it would be. Many trials here and there, and battles everywhere. There are points that I wanted to give up, times where I can hardly see what would be the outcome of what’s happening, times where I lose hope. But with God’s grace, I’m here where I am standing right now.

Where would this journey take me? What will I be in the future?

A question that came out of my mind as I ponder on the things on my list and thinking of what lies ahead. There are times that I feel so uncertain. As I revisit my blogs, I remembered my journey, a journey of a lifetime, a journey that can’t be compared to any material thing, this is a journey that I’ll treasure forever.

The Compass and the Captain

These two things are representation of my companions along this great journey. The Compass is my Bible and the Captain is Jesus. They have been with me through this journey. Without them I might be able to engulf into what the world dictates.  

This journey in the academe isn’t that easy. But everything comes with a purpose, a purpose that would make you not to give up, but a purpose for you to persevere and to stand strong, a purpose to build your faith and learn to trust everything to Him. It was His hands who have been working in my life since the day I started knowing Him.

My success wouldn’t be possible without the help of the people around me, and that includes you! I’m very grateful that God has given me mentors, brother and sisters, and great companions like you! To everyone who helped me throughout my battle, a BIG THANKS for all you’ve given, may be material or not, or in prayers.

But above all else, it was GOD who made me through. He was the reason behind of what’s happening to me, He’s the sole reason for this celebration!

Godbless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment